Job Title: Adult Education Coordinator
Reports To: Education Manager
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week; weekend and evening hours as needed
Posted: 9/18/18 – open until filled.
- This position will help coordinate the adult and family education and community outreach classes and events for the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens.
- Work under the direction of the Education Manager to plan and implement hands-on workshops, lectures, classes, tours, and other adult programs at Boerner Botanical Gardens.
- Contact speakers, assemble materials, set up audio visual equipment, and provide other logistical support for workshops, lectures, classes, and other programs.
- Be present during education programs to assist with registration and class arrangements. Prepare, distribute, and collect evaluation questionnaires for workshops, lectures, and other adult programming.
- Help maintain participant, instructor, and other program information in database.
- Work independently and with other staff in scheduling and arranging adult education opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 years experience in nonprofit, adult education, or community outreach preferred
- Frequent weekend and occasional evening hours required, necessitating a flexible schedule.
- Computer skills required, experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal.
- Strongly customer service oriented
- Team player
- Professional demeanor
To apply: Please send cover letter & resume to [email protected]
FBBG Plant Science Classroom Educator
- Part time, Monday thru Friday; year-round educator; FBBG student plant science & environmental education programming.
- Teach hands-on, outcomes driven, interactive curriculum, which includes on-site classroom based instruction combined with outdoor learning experiences.
- Classes are taught at Boerner Botanical Gardens; occasional travel may be required to participating schools (travel expense is reimbursed).
- Must be a Wisconsin certified teacher.
- Experience in science related instruction is preferred, but not specifically required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday.
- Must possess effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor; proven high degree of personal accountability.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, car, proof of insurance & a safe driving record.
- Must pass background check, conducted prior to formal offer of employment.
Please send cover letter & resume to: [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens.