Part Time Children’s Educator
Job Title: Children’s Educator
Reports To: Education Manager
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week
Pay: Hourly – Paid per class taught
This position is a year round children’s plant science educator for teaching the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens (FBBG) environmental and plant science class at the Boerner Botanical Gardens.
* Teach multicultural children of various grade levels about plant and environmental science following FBBG curriculum and lessons. FBBG provides all lessons and materials.
*Set up a classroom and prepare materials as needed. Take down and clean up materials as needed.
* Maintain classroom order and high expectations for learning and behavior.
* Provide an interactive learning environment for the student learners, including activities outside.
* Ability and expectation to work and provide instruction in all weather conditions, as classes frequently take place outside in the gardens.
* Work independently and with other staff in classroom and instruction and organization.
- Wisconsin teacher certification required (experience in science curriculum preferred).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday
- Computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player
- Professional demeanor
To apply: Please send cover letter & resume to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens.