FBBG offers many year-round volunteer opportunities!
You’ll have fun and support your community!
FBBG volunteers are needed and welcome in the following areas:
- Children’s Education – plant science and environmental conservation
- Family Events – nature driven activities for children and their families
- Adult Classes – garden walks, garden related classes
- Special Events – FBBG fundraisers
- Gift Shop – Assist Gift Shop Manager with gift shop maintenance and help with customer service
- Garden Docents – learn to lead a garden tour!
- Office support – mailings, internet research, database support, etc.
- Outreach activities – at local schools, libraries and businesses helping to build awareness for FBBG/BBG
- In-Garden volunteers (click for detailed description) – weeding and in-garden support for BBG garden staff
- And more!
Our mission and purpose is to support Boerner Botanical Gardens
Click here for the In-Garden volunteer application form.
Please email completed forms to [email protected], drop them off at the BBG front desk, or mail to:
Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens
9400 Boerner Drive
Hales Corners, WI 53130
Call 414-525-5653 or email [email protected] to get on the list to be contacted for any other volunteer opportunities as they arise.
Also be sure to check out our latest volunteer newsletter, especially by & for those helping in the gardens!
FBBG Library Volunteers NEEDED
Library volunteers assist FBBG staff/Volunteer Librarian in organizing and managing the FBBG horticulture library at Boerner.
Ideal for those who possess experience as a librarian or library staff and wish to volunteer at Boerner.
Assists in cataloging the library’s ongoing collection.
Greets and provides reference as needed for library patrons.
Duties as assigned.
Volunteer Characteristics needed:
Willingness and ability to volunteer for consistent hours/days. Days and times to be determined.
Experience in providing service in a special subject library setting.
Strong customer service orientation.
Experience/knowledge/enjoyment in botany, horticulture, gardening, etc.
Call FBBG President/CEO Ellen Hayward at 414 525 5651, or send an email to [email protected]