Boerner Botanical Gardens features glacial fieldstone walls and original, handcrafted limestone statuary. The Garden House, build in 1939 features original wood work created by artisans from the 1930s.
The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens (FBBG) offers groups of 12 or more an opportunity to view Milwaukee County’s premier outdoor venue with a one-hour, educational, docent-guided tour at a special group rate of $10.50 per person.
Garden Tours available May through mid-October include:
- Beautiful signature gardens
- Professionally labeled and evaluated plant collections
- One of the largest crab apple collections in Wisconsin
- Wetland area (teaching visitors about rainwater harvesting and recycling)
- Over 500 varieties of roses
- Individual gardens including herbs, annuals, shrubs, daylilies and peonies
- Wheelchair accessible Garden paths updated 2015 & 2020 (previous gravel walkways are now paved).
Group Tour Reservations
(414) 525-5666 or email [email protected]
(Lunch orders must be placed in advance.
Please call (414) 525-5666 with questions.)