The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens host a variety of classes and events year-round at Boerner Botanical Gardens.
- This event has passed.
GNOME AT HOME!
December 8 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
GNOME AT HOME!
Because of the tremendous response to our Holiday Gnome class which filled very quickly, we’re providing an option for you to create your own Gnome in the comfort of your home!
This “follow along at home” version of the class will be conducted through Facebook Live (Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens Facebook page) on Sunday, December 8 from 12:00 – 2:00 to follow along as we create gnomes in the class, and you can create yours at home!
Gnome Supply List
For the body:
- Tomato Cage (example here: https://www.amazon.com/Panacea-89723-Tomato-Support-Galvanized/dp/B000NHSKRA/) *can be any size, can also be different shape – if you want gnome to have a boxy or square body
- Pine or other evergreen boughs (enough to cover the tomato cage) – available at most local garden centers or nursery’s.
- Floral wire (example here: https://www.amazon.com/Floral-Wire-24-Gauge-50-Green/dp/B00UY17P80/)
- Hand pruners (https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Steel-Bypass-Pruning-Shears/dp/B00002N66H/)
For the hat:
- Sheet of felt at least 24″ x 24″ (Or if you want a “fancier” gnome, a knit cap)
- Large pom-pom
For the nose:
- A small curved gourd
If you’d like to consider a donation to the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens:
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar