We respectfully request your support in our 2016 Annual Appeal
You may be surprised to learn that the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens (FBBG) and our year-round youth and adult programming and garden preservation activities are entirely funded by private community support.
FBBG is a separate, non-profit organization dedicated to providing a garden setting for learning that nurtures understanding, enjoyment, and stewardship of our natural world, while nourishing & preserving Boerner Botanical Gardens for future generations.
We rely on and cherish the support of our friends and partners who value the gardens and the many benefits FBBG provides to the community.
Last year, these contributions included:
- Over 12,000 K – 12 students experienced outcomes based, nature driven learning. This learning engages all of their senses and brings vital balance to young, developing minds that are continually bombarded by electronic media.
- We began our NEW 2016-2017 MPS initiative teaching over 5000 area first graders from 160 schools in nature!
- In FBBG’s 7th consecutive year of County approved in-garden volunteer recruitment, we welcomed 530 volunteers!
- Corporate in-garden support volunteer teams joining us this year included Deloitte, Humana, Kohl’s, and Goodwill.
- We planned and facilitated 121 community adult education classes, family workshops, garden walks and special events.
- We continued FBBG Free Tuesdays at Boerner…begun in 2015.
- We sustained and formed partnerships that support our mission:
school districts, scout groups, special needs groups of all ages, plant societies, and business partners.
- AND…FBBG joined Milwaukee County Parks in welcoming and promoting China Lights, a month long cultural festival – the first such event in the Midwest and an effective initiative for building community awareness, teaching our children and insuring continued longevity for Boerner.
As we prepare for 2017, our 33rd year and Boerner’s 78th,
YOUR support is vital to our efforts.
With our unending gratitude,
Ellen Hayward, President/CEO