Guided Garden Tours
The setting for Boerner Botanical Gardens is reminiscent of an English country manor with glacial fieldstone walls and historic, handcrafted limestone statuary.
The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens (FBBG) offers groups of 15 or more an opportunity to view Milwaukee County’s “Living” Museum with a one-hour, educational, docent-guided tour at a special group rate of $9.50 per person.
Tours available mid-April through mid-October and include:
- Forty plus acres of formal gardens
- Professionally labeled and evaluated plant collections
- One of the largest crab apple collections in Wisconsin
- Wetland area (rainwater harvesting and recycling)
- Beautiful display of over 500 varieties of roses
- Visual links to surrounding 1,000 acre Arboretum
- Individual gardens including herbs, annuals, shrubs, daylilies and peonies
- Wheelchair accessible Garden paths
Plants of the Bible
FBBG presents a tour of Plants of the Bible which include references to gardens and plant life in the Bible.
Many of the plants mentioned in the Bible are the same Genus or Family as the plants that can be seen at Boerner Botanical Gardens. They were used to enhance flavor in foods, to make cosmetics and perfumery to make people and places more attractive and pleasant, as payment for goods and services, and also for medicinal purposes.
“The story of creation begins in a garden, and Jesus’ last hours on earth were in a garden. His body was entombed in a garden and the women who went to the tomb to perform burial rites used plant material. The Book of Revelation ends with a reference to trees… bearing fruit.”
Explore these special plants with us anytime from July 1- Sept. 30.
This tour is $9.50 per person with a minimum group of 10.
Group Tour Reservations
Zilli Hospitality Group offers the following meal options for guided garden tours:
Lunch orders must be placed in advance.
Please call (414) 525-5656 with questions.
Nell’s Garden Cafe is also open daily 10am – 2pm for those who do not wish to order lunch in advance.