POSITION: Education Manager
DESCRIPTION: Full Time; Monday > Friday
DEPARTMENT: Education/Children’s Plant Science/Nature Based Education
REPORTS TO: FBBG CEO
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
This position is responsible for all aspects of FBBG’s children’s year ‘round nature driven, plant science, interactive/hands on educational programming.
The Education Manager will at times participate with CEO in presentations for foundations and other philanthropic funding sources.
- Creates programs consistent w/FBBG mission.
- Develops/facilitates year ‘round plant science/nature driven curriculum for K > 12 students.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, leads FBBG children’s educators.
- Produces curriculum materials for FBBG educators.
- At times will teach classes.
- Maintains and develops (new) school relationships; facilitating their participation.
- Some outreach activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Current Wisconsin State Certification.
- Must be experienced/proven in teaching children, particularly those in public schools.
- Highly effective organizational skills and administrative experience necessary.
- Ability to create curriculum that meets National requirements for science education.
- Well-developed knowledge of and ability to effectively teach plant science basics.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy; results oriented; inner drive.
- Strong, effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective/proven leadership/management skills.
- Computer literacy.
- The ability to work effectively and collegially with a variety of FBBG stakeholders.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, car, proof of insurance, and a safe driving record.
Cover letter/resume to: [email protected]
FBBG Plant Science Classroom Educator
- Part-time schedule with varying hours each week (may work anywhere between 5-25 hours per week)
- Teach FBBG Plant Science and Nature Driven classes at Boerner Botanical Gardens and at Milwaukee area schools
- Grades K-12
- All class curriculum follows national standards for science education
- WI State Teaching Certification required, with background in science preferred (but not required)
- Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
Please send cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens.